Saturday, July 30, 2011

Nashville Treasures

Hand sewn infant gown with tatted trim





 I am back in Nashville for 2 weeks and, of course, I can't help but look for estate sales.  Unlike Florida, they have basements and attics here.









Cross-stitched birds on a baby boy's jumper


This week we took along my future son-in-law.  Can you believe he has never been to an estate sale?  He met us at 8am (I am so proud of him).




















We went to a home nearby.  The house was huge!  I usually enter, go right and walk the periphery, then go to the middle of the home so I don't miss a thing.  This house was like a maze.  Thank goodness I had help.  My husband, my daughter and her fiance were wonderful.


Baby girl pillowcase
The remnants of our lives tell a story.  In this home I found one who loved Disney, ET, and Madame Alexander dolls; was an expert with needle and thread and a lover of Jesus;  one who treasured children, was well traveled, enjoyed history and Halloween costumes. 

Akro Agate children's dishes







My favorite find of all.......

1889 Card Game



The whole alphabet - this will be framed. 
Extra cards of more commonly used letters.  What can I spell?




I wonder what my home will say about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I just adore hearing from you.