Monday, March 12, 2012

Favorite Bloggers Lead to Favorite Vintage Finds!

After a bit of a rest I am back at it in my Etsy shop.  In preparation for a yard sale this week,  I am listing a bunch of items and unloading the rest for yard sale prices.  

I thought it would be a good idea to stay away from estate sales and thrift stores during this clearing out time, so I'll keep it virtual today.

I am sharing my favorite bloggers and the vintage inspiration they supply.

My blogging friends really do help open my eyes to new possibilities.  Maybe it's another vintage item to collect, maybe it's a new way to use something I've had for a while.  

In no particular order - because I love them all so much for different reasons (kinda like my kids) here are a few of my favs........


WW1 Era Photo Cards


I love old paper (aka ephemera).  But these beauties?  To die for.  My grandmother's old soldier pics (see my Veteran's Day post)  are going in these babies.
Courtesy of Vintage Rescue Squad, you must, must, must subscribe to her blog to get the scoop.    I am so glad I ordered one of each as soon as she listed them.  
Check out her blog at http://vintagerescue.typepad.com/vintage_rescue_squad/


Doily Table Runner


When I see a hand tatted or crocheted doily at a thrift store or tag sale, I have to buy it.  More than once I've wondered if a girl can own too many.  Along comes Ashley Ann and her adorable version of a doily table runner.   Ashley inspires me to take what I have and make something beautiful.  

http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/



52 Flea


My best example of a blogger who inspires my hunt is 52 Flea.  
#1.  Her photos are magnificent.  
   It is a pleasure to just look at the pictures.  If you love vintage and you aren't in the mood to read a lot, stop by and just look.  So beautiful.  
#2.  She loves what I love.  
    When I soak in the shots of her stuff, it's stuff I adore.  She gets me.    I can't live in a museum and I have to control my borderline hoarding, but I can always look at 52 Fleas pictures.  
#3.  She shops are nearby!  
    The above photo was taken at Webster, about 1 1/2 hours north of me.  No one's posts inspire a road trip like 52 Flea!

Check her out at http://52flea.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy,
    Thank you so much for mentioning my blog and for your kind words! Who knows, perhaps one day we will run into each other when I visit Webster!
    It is always so nice to meet other kindred spirits who share my love for vintage!
    Take care, Laura :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I just adore hearing from you.