Friday, June 10, 2011

Precious find!

I had some time to kill this morning, so I drove around town looking for garage sales.  I didn't have too much luck, so I decided to head east to a couple of my favorite thrift stores. That's when I came across an unexpected discovery.  This yard sale was pretty good, which for me means they were selling items from a variety of eras.   I browsed through glassware and dishes, linens and trinkets, baskets, and clothes.

That's when I saw a box of old cards for fifty cents.  The top card is all dusty and dirty.  They are rather unassuming at first glance.  Loving old paper as I do, I picked them up.  

Taking a closer look, I realized the embellishment in the corner of
these cards is the teeny-tiniest tatting I have ever seen!  Plus the leaves and vines are hand painted.  I was sold.

The more I look at them, the more I love them.  I can understand why they were never used.  They are too pretty to part with!  But I am determined.  I will use them.  I just have to share the joy.

I've included a couple of small pictures to give you an idea of how I felt when I first saw them.  Don't they just make you want to take a closer look?











 Hope you enjoy my discovery as much as I do!  I so admire the handiwork of those who came before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I just adore hearing from you.